AfroElle Magazine is an online magazine dedicated to celebrating women of African descent globally. Our mission is to encourage, empowering and elevating women into living their best lives!
We’d like to thank everyone who supports the magazine by way of contributing and spreading the word about us. As the magazine keeps growing, we need more help to keep up with the growing demands and this is where you come in, we need your help to make this happen.
We love volunteers because they keep our magazine and website running, by supporting our mission in numerous ways and you can join our team too!
AfroElle Team is currently looking for volunteers in different departments that make up the magazine and website. We are looking for individuals who have spare time and want to get involved on a voluntary basis or who want to contribute occasionally for experience. Volunteers can work at their own schedule from anywhere in the world and we will provide you with references if required.
We need volunteers in the following areas;
We are seeking creative and self motivate bloggers who are interested in writing about their topics of interest while staying in line with our overall mission; to empower, encourage and elevate women of African Descent.
Our main areas of interest include; Relationships, Health, Mind, Body& Soul, Spirituality, Business, Finances, Fashion& Beauty, Travel,Technology, Food, Initiatives, Reviews, Art&Culture, Community, World Events, Popular Culture.
We cannot afford to pay for article submission of any kind but we do appreciate your contribution and hope the exposure will be a great compensation. We will also include your byline at the end of every blog post . With this experience you will gain exposure and build your own brand as a blogger.
If you are interested in becoming a weekly blogger for AfroElle , please get in touch with us . Please include a short email about yourself and your blogging history, include your topic of interest and 2 pitches.
We are looking for 6 Volunteer Section Editors; Technology, Beauty, Fashion, Travel, and Lifestyle (Food, Health, Home). These editors will take the responsibility of the overall look of a section for the magazine and website.
Responsibilities here include;
- Looking for people and initiatives we can interview
- Editing and re-writing articles
- Generating ideas for articles and features
- Selecting feature articles for the issues
Copy Editor (position filled)
Volunteer will work directly with the Editor-in-Chief by;
- Checking the magazine copy for grammar, readability and overall flow.
- Help in revising headlines, subheadings and captions.
Public Relations (2 positions remaining)
Volunteers in PR will assist in;
- Our various campaigns
- Preparing press kits
- Researching new media contacts and publications
- Organizing our media storage and archive.
Volunteers will assist in;
- Building awareness of the magazine.
- Researching and building lists for marketing and publicity opportunities
- Marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Performing market research.
Volunteers in Social Media will assist in:
- Engaging our readers in conversations on our social networks
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Updating databases with key contacts
We are looking for individual who can represent AfroElle in their countries or state. As an ambassador you will;
- Keep us posted about any relevant news, trends, events, and initiatives in your country / state related to women of African descent.
- Attend and review relevant events, conferences and fairs in your area that AfroElle has been invited to.
- Distribute our marketing materials in your area.
- Spread the word about AfroElle Magazine in your country/ state.
If you would like to volunteer in any of the above areas, please send us an email telling us about yourself, include the URL to your website or blog and list any relevant experience. Send this to and in the subject field quote the specific area e.g Lifestyle Editor and we’ll then send you more information.
Applications are welcome all-year round.